April 2, 2016

No straight road to take me home tonight

So.

What is it that you really want?
What is it that makes you happy?

For the longest time ever, I was trying to remember what was my childhood dream. You know the kind of answers you would give during your early years in school when the teacher posed you that classic question: what would you like to be when you grow up?

Honestly, I can't remember what I could have possibly said. Could I have said a rock star maybe? Or I wish to travel the world? Or could it be something banally boring such as an accountant, lawyer or doctor. 

But perhaps it doesn't really matter what your childhood dream was. You grow up, gone through some puddle of mud, be a bit wiser and now perhaps your perspectives have changed. And maybe that's what matters. What is it that you really want to do now? Especially when you have more or less everything that you need to enable that change except maybe what is stopping you is the lack of gut or in a more friendly term, fear.

But life has taught me a thing or two about courage. Maybe if you wish for something bad enough, and if you're honest about it, life will eventually give it to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment