January 27, 2018

Save yourself

Don't fall in love with me
I am not easy to love and
I know it might be a bad thing because
I know I demand so much.
I'm not the softest person and
I have a whole goddamn list of
things I require and
none of them come easy.
Most of them are hard.
Most of them aren't for the faint hearted.
I have standards because
I know what I want,
what I deserve and
I know what I have to offer.

I'm a cloudy day,
the soft rain above the sea,
the last breath from a warm good-bye.
I'm all sadness combined
in one person.
All tears that fall from tired eyes and
all things that wrap around a broken heart.
What I am trying to say is,
I'm not perfect and
I don't expect you to be either
but I know my worth.

And I love with all tenderness,
carelessness and
with everything I do not know
about myself.
I just want something real.
Someone who isn't afraid of what
goes on within, and
I demand nothing less than that.
I know who I am.
That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment